Thursday, July 10, 2008

Luck be a Lady!


Last week Miss B was back in the saddle and happily picked three new CDs from the library. When we got home the first one that she wanted to check out was "Guys and Dolls: The Original Cast Album." She asked me, "What's this?" and I replied, "Guys and Dolls," to which she responded, "Ohhhh. Guys and Dolls."

From the opening notes Miss B was hooked. Her first response was to put on her silk fairy skirt and black patent leather shoes. With a huge grin on her face she said, "I'm like a fairy princess" as she spun around in circles to make herself dizzy. She then grabbed some rhinestone studded cat eye sunglasses and said, "I'm a fairy princess. I want my wand."

Ever since this first listen, DJ B has been reluctant to listen to anything else or do anything else. One day I asked, "do you want lunch?" and she answered, "No. I want to dance. Guys and Dolls. Guys and Dolls are coming to my house." We've probably heard the album nearly 100 times since it came home with us and each time Miss B dances feverishly the whole way through, doing her own version of musical theater.

No comments: