Friday, June 6, 2008

No Ladies this Week? Miss B Rejects Country Pop



DJ B's third and final music selection for the first week of this project was The Cowboy Junkies' most recent studio album "At the End of Paths Taken." When I saw all three of her library selections, I actually guessed that she might like Cowboy Junkies the most. I'm fond of female vocals and Miss B has a number of lady artists in regular rotation on her bedroom boombox, including Cocteau Twins, Belly, and Vashti Bunyan. So, I was pretty surprised when she dismissed the Cowboy Junkies after only a few seconds of listening to it, never to request it again. I'd like her to give it a second chance, mainly because I'm curious to hear it as well. I hate to see her rejecting the band, as in the past there have been Cowboy Junkies tracks that I've enjoyed. Stay tuned to hear if she's willing to give them a second listen.

2 comments:

Maybelline said...

Little Ms. B has very discerning taste and I fully agree with her rejection of the "Cowboy Junkies". They can be such a snooze!!

How 'bout some good soundtrack stuff like "Mary Poppins" or "Sound of Music"?

No one does it better than Julie Andrews...

Shake your bon bon, little one!
xo, Maybellne

minmax said...

You might return to the Cowboy Junkies when Lil B hits the preteenage years...you know, when the years of longing and woe really kick in...: ) What about (dare I suggest) Portishead? there's a little joy is the sorrow of their first release? I'm just sayin'...